Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Last 2 Ortho Appointments Before the Surgery

Today I scheduled my last two orthodontic appointments before the surgery. One is a month before to get everything set up, and then one is the morning before the surgery to have "hooks" put in - whatever that means, I'm trying not to think about it.

It's weird to have that brought in, it's sort of making it a little more real... the surgery is coming - in 2 months. Which probably feels like a long time on that side of the blog, but I'm here to tell you that on this side, it's feeling super soon!

This experience has also told me that Einstein's theory of relativity needed one more tweak. Not just for variable motion, but for variable volition. The closer the surgery (anticipated date) gets, the more slowly AND more quickly time moves. More slowly because I want it to get here soon to get it over with, and more quickly because I want to stall because I'm scared. So there you have it, my brilliant addition to Einstein's theory of relativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment