Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day 134: Palate Retainer Blues

Happy New Year!

I have a baby cold right now, and it's the first time I've been sick since I stopped teaching in December of 2010, and boy, does it suck to be sick when you have a retainer in. At first, the retainer didn't bother me at all. Actually, at first, I was in love with the retainer because it saved me from the splint. Now, I've come to see its dark side... haha just kidding, but really, it's getting annoying. It's just becoming so much more comfortable when the retainer is out (for when I eat, etc.) But, I don't want to mess anything up just because I didn't want to wear a stupid retainer for a few more months, you know? The worst part about that is that even though I see the light at the end of the braces tunnel, what do you have to wear when you get your braces off? A retainer! So I'll be right back in the same boat, just able to take better pictures, which is the positive thought I've been keeping in my brain lately.

Really, I shouldn't complain though, I'm grateful to have had the opportunity to get my face broken :D

I promised awhile back that I'd post an outline of the costs, and after spending 30 minutes just now typing it all out, and getting the perfect balance of facts and witty remarks, I have decided to take back that offer. If you're curious about the costs because you're having the surgery yourself, or because you're just nosy (hey, don't worry about it, I'm nosy, too) I'd be happy to talk with you about it (as well as my fun fun adventures with the insurance company) one-on-one, but I'm thinking now that some of the financial stuff should just be kept off the internets at large. Feel free to email me at BethLauren22[at]gmail[dot]com and we can chat about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment