Thursday, October 27, 2011

66 Days Out (or 5,702,400 seconds)

Hello blogosphere!

Today is the 6th day after the plate removal and the 66th day after the surgery. I hope nothing bad happens, what with all those 6s...

Anyway, I went to the orthodontist yesterday, and he put a wire in my upper teeth for the first time in 67 days. Dr. Voorhees segmented my upper jaw, so the middle four teeth were kind of moved up and around and stuff... it's hard to describe. But, it's now Dr. Ramsay's job to pull them down in line with the rest of my mouth. He's doing it super carefully, though, I have to go and see him in a week and keep my retainer in all the time. Don't want my face collapsing in on itself! Haha, jay-kay, ell-oh-ell.

Back into Dr. Voorhees on Monday, more updates then! Until then, here's a bite close-up. I don't have any food in my teeth, those are just gaps for Dr. Ramsay to fill. It's weird to have gaps, I've had like, 6 teeth pulled because my mouth was too crowded, now it's super roomy. Neat!


I was going to post a 'before' picture, but then I found some pictures I took of my smile/teeth before I had braces on, and then I made myself depressed, so I'm not going to perpetuate that.

Have I mentioned that I can't wait to get my braces off?
Me as Thing 2 for Halloween at work

No comments:

Post a Comment