Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Day 1

Almost a day and a half out.  Still pretty miserable.  Jared says my swelling isn't nearly as bad as he thought it would be, but I still refuse to look at myself, so I don't freak myself out more than neccesary.  I've been really diligent with keeping ice on it and not talking too much and I think that's helping alot.  Because it took me so long to come out of the anesthesia, and because the anti-naseau drugs made me so sleepy, we're probably not going to get to leave until tomorrow.  I hope the insurance is reasonable about that.  We're taking lots of pictures so I'll look at them eventually.  I had both jaws done, the upper one is definitely more uncomfortable.  I feel super congested and swollen.  The lower is a little, though no big deal.  Although it does sometimes feel like I"m biting my cheeks.  The most exciting part of today?  I can already feel a difference in my breathing! Yay!  I've even graduated to a clear liquid diet - so far I've had 2 cups of broth and 1 cup of applesauce.
XOXOXO

from Jared
Beth has been really calm about the whole thing and I'm super proud of her.  I think my nerves are finally starting to calm which is good.  I developed a skin rash here at the Hospital that I can only attribute to stress but it's going away now.  I'll be glad to get home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment