Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Hugs, not drugs... well, maybe some drugs

Yesterday, I went to see my General Practitioner about the drugs that I will be on after the surgery:

To make sure that they wouldn't interfere with my regular anxiety prescription (Wellbutrin), or in case of panic (which is entirely likely after the surgery), that I'd still be able to take my Xanax without interference issues.  She said it all looked fine. We also talked about the strength of pain meds, frequency, etc., and I lamented the discontinuance of Darvocet - the only pain medication that I've ever liked (stupid FDA).

We also discussed the fact that my Wellbutrin is time released, and Wellbutrin does not come in a liquid form. This will be a problem after the surgery when I will be unable to open my mouth to take pills. And I doubt that right after major surgery is a great time to stop taking your anxiety medicine. So, I'll be taking a different form of it, the immediate release 3 times a day instead of extended release 2 times. She said it would feel different, but hopefully it will only be for a week or so, and it will at least keep the Wellbutrin in my system so I don't have to go through withdrawal and then re-acclimation.

Thursday I have my models appointment, when I'll probably exasperate Dr. Voorhees beyond belief with all my questions, so I'll update again after that with more detailed info.

No comments:

Post a Comment