Thursday, August 25, 2011

Day 2: August 25 (Beth's entry in the morning)

In a little more pain today, and feeling a little more swollen. I might get discharged today, which is good news & bad news. Had a small freak out this morning because I slept pretty well for about 6 hours, which means no pain meds or ice for about 6 hours. Plus, Jared is allergic to something in my hospital room, so he had to go home to sleep last night. So I was woken up at 5:15 with no meds, no ice, and no Jared.

But really, it hasn't been that bad. As long as I can get down 1 L of liquid today, move around a little bit, and control my pain with oral medication (instead of IV), I'll get to go home! The nausea hasn't come back since the first little bit, so that's good. I can really feel the surgical splint today, so I'm hoping that doesn't have to stay in too too much longer.


I talked with the assistant surgeon and he said the surgery went really well, and they got everything all lined up, so that's really heartening. At least it's not all for nothing! And it's all downhill from here. I think I'll start trying to take my Wellbutrin pills today if I can. I can really feel the ups and downs of the immediate release.

My breathing is still a lot better than it was before the surgery, even with all the swelling. I do get fatigued pretty easily though, so I'm gonna go get some rest. Jared might want to write more later, but he'll definitely be able to add some photos (I still don't want to look at them until my swelling has really gone. Yes, I know, I'm a whimp) I might be forgetting things, So if you think of any interesting questions, email me or leave a comment.

XOXO
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment