Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Surgery Day/Day 1

I'm putting these together as one post because it is basically running all together in my brain any way.
We had to get here at 5:30, then I talked to a bunch of people. Everybody was really nice, even when I had a little panic crying right before we left. I guess they're used to that. They let me take my pictures of Nately and a stuffed animal that kind of feels like him into the OR. He was my focus point so that I didn't freak out too badly before hand.

I don't remember the recovery room at all, so I guess they were right about that part. I remember being in my regular room and Jared was already there, and then I started exorcist puking blood, from the stuff that had gotten in my stomach. They gave me crapload of anti-nausea meds, but that also made me super sleepy, which I don't think they wanted. Then this morning, I got those meds in a different way (let me give you a hint: it was not orally or intravenously...) and I feel a lot better. I'm still taking meds, but the nurse today said that I don't take nearly as many pain shots as most people.

I feel like I'm recovering pretty quickly, but I think we'll have to stay anouther night, which will be nice because I'll still be IV'd, and there will be nurses around to help. I do miss Nately, but I'm sure I'll see him soon enough.

I don't think Jared was expecting the situation to be as stressful as it turned out for him, but he's being a trooper about everything. He said he got stressed immediately when they rolled me back to the OR, and then freaked out during the blood throw-up, but he says I'm not nearly as swollen as he was expecting.

Now I'm just wearing my ice all the time and hanging out. I even ate a little chicken broth today, and I'm going to try some apple juice tonight. Jared's staying at the hospital again with me tonight (another advantage to being married), so there won't be any pictures until tomorrow or later, but I just wanted to keep everybody up to date about what's happening.

It's definitely not fun, but it's definitely not awful either.

XOXO
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment