Monday, August 29, 2011

Day 6: Worse before it's better

Hey cyberland,

I am feeling a little better today, a little better every day :) The numbness along my jaw line is gone, but it's a little sensitive to touch. My chin, lips, and cheeks around my nose are still numb.

I had a check up appointment with Dr. Voorhees today, he said everything is looking good. He changed the bands a little and added one across the front. The reason (I think) is because the muscles want to go back to where they were before, and they've been there for so long that they would actually be able to pull the bones back "out" of place if they weren't "retrained", so I'm retraining them. Or rather, the bands are. I just got them today so they're pretty tight, and I have to keep my teeth in the surgical splint so they stay where they're supposed to.

So, that's the worse before it's better. I had just turned a good corner and I was feeling good, and now I feel like I'm taking a big step back, foodwise. It might be a problem with my meds too. It's very important to me to be able to take my sustained release Wellbutrin, because the immediate release was shooting me up and down when I was in the hospital. I was able to take it whole with the old bands, we'll see how it goes with the new ones.

Like I said before, I'm not looking at myself, because it seems like a bad idea, but I'll get Jared to post some pictures of my progress later tonight.

I've only been on a liquid diet for a week and already I miss chips and salsa, french fries, salad, rice and beans, chicken sandwiches, basically anything not pureed. And Jared can puree everything, and it tastes pretty good, but it's just not the same...

Another day and a half of R&R, then it's back to work (from home, thankfully, because like I said, just taking a shower is exhausting)...

Here's some pictures. Warning: I look SUPER gross. These pictures made me want to shower like, 6 times all in a row. Sorry for the grossness...
Also, a picture of all the voicemails, and my pretty flowers from my work friends.

Profile shot on Monday - isn't the bruising cute?
From the front on Monday (6 days)

Sooooo many messages
Pretty work flowers

2 comments:

  1. Glad healing underway. Timeline to solid food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BlogSpot only allows commentary if you have an account. I used my Google account to sign in...FYI.

    ReplyDelete