Sunday, September 4, 2011

Day 11: Socializing Without Spitting

Day 11 after the surgery... it feels like I had the surgery like, 2 months ago or something - crazy! I'm sure it does not feel that way for Jared, who has had to endure this entire experience as a bystander.  My biggest two complaints at this point are: 1) I am tired of the bite splint. It is annoying, and it makes talking extremely difficult. Think: retainer X at least 3 and 2) I am tired of sleeping in my lovely green recliner.

Last night was the first UT game of the year, and it was on something called "The Longhorn Network" whatever that is, but we went over to our friend Charles's and Mike's house to watch the game. It was against Rice, and I actually predicted we would lose, but they actually pulled out a victory. Maybe they won't be as awful as I anticipated this year. Super weird, too, about A&M getting into the SEC? So I guess there won't be any more of the Thanksgiving UT/A&M games. You can tell I'm really broken up about the whole thing...

Anyway, a bunch of our friends were there, and it's so exciting to see people after 10 days of mostly Jared, the cat, my mom, and my doctor. Not that I don't love all those people, but sometimes it's just fun to see friends! But, much to my chagrin, socializing involves a good deal of talking, even with boys, and my stupid bite splint makes me talk super funny. And something I didn't realize until last night, the bite splint also makes me spit while I talk if I'm not talking really slowly. So, that was fun. But it actually was, and I ended up staying for the whole game even though I was convinced I'd only make it through halftime.

The other biggest complaint is my sleeping arrangement. I love my green chair, and it's super comfortable, and I've had it forever, it's actually where I recovered from having my wisdom teeth removed, 8 years ago, so really, green chair is awesome. But, I have been seriously jonesing for sleeping in a bed again. It seems so nice and comfortable, with all the pillows and the horizontallness... I crawled in for about an hour this morning, but it's just not practical yet for all night sleeping, because I'd hate to prolong the swelling, and also sleeping on the sides of my face kind of hurts. So, something to look forward to, I guess...

But, everything else is going well. The pain isn't bad at all anymore, it just sort of feels like a worse version of the day after an orthodontist appointment. And, I'm trying to move around a little more. Yesterday I went to Target while Jared got the tires changed, to walk around in an AC environment a little. It felt good to move around, get the blood circulating. But, I still get really tired after physical activity. Hope everyone else is having a lovely Labor Day weekend... the low here tomorrow is 61 degrees so I'm super excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment