Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 12: Grocery Shopping

Day 12 was a lot of fun. I told myself it was time to start doing things again. So, we "scheduled" a day of errands. First, the bank, then Wheatsville, and then the tour de force, HEB. I figured it would be a pretty easy way to get out and do something without exposing myself to too much heat. Well, I made it through, but it was exhausting! By the end, I was pretty much just standing by, watching Jared do everything. We got home and I had to sit in my green chair the rest of the night. Jared & I camped out, playing gin and watching The Office. I guess energy comes back in pieces, it's just a weird feeling, because I feel now like the surgery didn't happen and I just had some hardcore orthodontics done or something. But I guess I just need to accept that that's not the case and adjust accordingly.

I was thinking about this stupid bite splint some more, and I think maybe it's not so horrible after all, as long as I get it off in three weeks, as promised. Here's my logic: before the surgery, I couldn't WAIT to get my braces off. They were awful, the bane of my existence. But I think that the splint probably bought be a few months of being okay with the braces - it's all relative, I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment