Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 20: Blah blah blah

Sorry for the back-to-back posts, as I work more, the blog is getting harder to find time for. Especially since it takes me like, an hour to eat a meal.

Today was a weird day. I worked all day, which I obviously used to be accustomed to, but now it's kind of a lot, not physically, but mentally. It's hard to keep my spirits up if I'm concentrating on work stuff, and it has been a little overwhelming lately. I tell myself it'll be easier to get back on top of things when I'm actually in the office.

I also started a list of questions for Dr. Voorhees for my appointment on Wednesday. I always have this weird thing with doctors, like, I don't want to take up more of their time than absolutely necessary. But, I've decided that's ridiculous. Especially in this case. It was something my mom said after that disaster of a Friday appointment after my surgery. I was apologizing and feeling bad for making a little bit of a scene, and she said "Other people get paid a lot less to put up with a lot more." And that's really sat with me. We are paying him a lot (nearly 60% of my entire annual salary), so I'm going to take up time if I want to. Here's my list of questions so far - email me if you think of any other good ones!

1) Clarify what I should or should not be eating
2) One of my teeth has been hurting more than the others, is that normal?
3) What amount of "looseness" should I be feeling in the top jaw
4) Clicking of right lower jaw joint - just tightness of muscles as everything shifts?
5) Only 1/4 of my lip is still numb (lower left quadrant) - is that something to be concerned about? Same with numbness in bottom part of the eye, cause it still feels weird.
6) My recovery seemed faster than others I read about - is that because my surgery wasn't as dramatic, because he's just a super experienced surgery, or just because of my superb healing skillz?
7) How far did he move my lower jaw? (we received an estimate of 5mm, but I want to know exactly) Upper jaw?
8) Will the pain come back in the upper jaw as the numbness recedes or will it be healed enough to not hurt by then?

No comments:

Post a Comment