Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Day 14: Groovin'

Day 14. Two weeks out! I made it! It's all downhill from here. Just as a warning: I will continue to update this blog for a long time, so if you signed up for e-mail updates and you're not really interested, I won't be offended if you unsubscribe. www.doublejawsurgery.com, this blog from a Canadian dude who had the same surgery, was like, my bible before the surgery. Jared and I are thinking about a trip to Colorado in November, and the first thing I did was go to the day we were thinking about (I think it was 74 days from my surgery) and read about how he felt and what he did that day. It was invaluable! So on the off chance that somebody who's having the surgery done comes to my blog to read about it, I want to provide thorough information.

Anyway, today I started feeling a little more like my normal self. I watered the baby trees, I set up the payments for the Care Credit (surgery financing), I worked for 8 hours (!), I wrote all my thank you notes, and I filled out the pharmacy reimbursement paperwork for all my surgery meds.

Little known fact: most insurance companies will not automatically register your prescriptions as part of your deductible. You usually have to send in the information to a third party for it to register. Normally, I don't bother because I'm usually on a high deductible plan with no hopes of reaching the out of pocket max, but this year's a little different, so I'm sending in every penny! I even sent in the one that was only like, $8. It's good to be proactive.


Anyway, here's a picture of me with some of the stuff I got done today. I would be smiling, but I'm trying to give everybody a sense of the swelling, which has gone down a whole lot. It's still pretty obvious to me (and probably people who see me all the time, like Jared), but it's not really that obvious in the picture. And it's sure a lot better than the picture from the hospital.

No comments:

Post a Comment