Monday, September 12, 2011

Day 19: Lazy Sunday

Day 19 was mostly uneventful. It's nice to have more of my energy back, but I'm still feeling a little bit bluesy about the splint and the numbness and swelling, so I'm not doing as much as I probably should. 

But tonight Jared went over to Chuck's to watch the Cowboys game (I have no idea why), so I had a bunch of evening hours to kill. I settled in with some more Office - I seriously think I could do a line by line reenactment of every episode at this point - and my scrapbook. I'm not doing the scrapbook day by day like the blog, so it's a little bit less of a commitment. 

The weirdest thing about going back through all this, and going through the pictures, and kind of reading some of what I wrote those first few days, is that it's pretty anxiety-producing. Like, I feel anxious for past Beth or something. But when I thought about that it kind of made me realize that I always make things worse in my head than they are in real life. Because I did that, I made it through with relatively little misery, but even thinking about it now, it's all blown up in my head. I guess that will be good to keep in mind when thinking about future events.

A very philosophical day, indeed.

p.s. no pictures lately because I pretty much look the same, but I'll post some soon along with pictures of my awesome scrapbook (even though I know nobody likes to look at them but me)

No comments:

Post a Comment