Friday, September 16, 2011

Days 23 & 24: Bands, retainers, and appointments, oh my!

Today (Friday), day 24, was my third appointment in a row with Dr. Voorhees. Wednesday to take off splint (yay!), Thursday to put in retainer & bands (boo!), and then Friday to check on progress. Here's a picture of my nifty new palate retainer. It's pretty much like a normal retainer except without the wire, because I already have braces.

I have another appointment Monday. It's nice that Dr. Voorhees is really keeping on top of my bite. The muscles are  being a little bit obstinate. We're having to keep pulling my bite right because it keeps wanting to pull left. Too bad you can't reason with specific body parts. Just gotta suck it up and wear my bands.

I've started sleeping a little better now that I've resumed more of my "regular activities". I'm still not allowed to chew, though, which leaves me grumpy about my diet. Jared and Dr. Voorhees were making fun of me today for being a baby about my diet. The only good way to get vegetables right now is in smoothie form, but I'm grumpy about putting them in there, because otherwise, it's not a sweet fun dessert, it's just a meal. BUT I know sooner or later I need to start eating better... probably later.

No comments:

Post a Comment