Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Days 21 & 22: The Last Day of the Splint & First Day of Freedom

Day 21 was pretty uneventful. Although, it was the 3rd week marker, so I treated myself to a slushie... and some tater tots... and a chocolate bar.

Day 22 was a bigger day. At 8am, Jared and I went to Dr. Voorhees's office to have my splint removed. I was actually really nervous because even though it was good, and I wasn't going to be as uncomfortable, and I was going to be able to talk better. But it was still a change. And also, after my appointment I went back to the office for the first time in 3 weeks. So, lots of changing and lots of commotion, after 3 weeks of basically sitting in a chair with my laptop.

But, the appointment went really well, I got all my questions answered, and I can brush my teeth again! With toothpaste! Yay! And then I headed into work, which also went well. Although, I had a lot lot lot to do. And after talking & working in the office (which is actually more tiring than working at home) I was pretty tired by 3, so I headed home, and then worked from home a couple of hours... that's going to be hard to wean myself off of.

And I haven't really been sleeping well lately either. At first, I slept well, because I was on pain pills all the time, but now, I'm not doing anything, and I'm not really taking any pain meds stronger than ibuprofen and tylenol, so I haven't been able to sleep more than like, 5-6 hours a night. SO, tonight, Jared & I decided to go to Bull Creek Greenbelt (a.k.a. the Wedding Waterfall) to hang out. The sad part is, there's no water there anymore! The good news? This turns the water swing into just a swing. So we did that for awhile. It was actually a really good workout, then we went and took a picture together of where we got married (awwww....)

Enjoy these pictures which have nothing to do with my surgery and are in no way gross!


No comments:

Post a Comment