Monday, September 5, 2011

Day 13: Watching the News Makes You Paranoid

Tomorrow will be two weeks since the surgery... pretty crazy! I finished the amoxicillin last night, so I am finished with all the surgery medicine except the peridex rinse, which honestly, I'm glad to have because I can't brush my teeth, so the peridex rinse is my only method of cleaning my mouth. And, for the record, it's strong!

Today, because the weather was so beautiful (we had a "cold" front come in), Jared and I decided to take a walk outside. When Jared and I used to go for walks, we'd walk for 45 minutes to an hour, but I get tired so easily now, we just made a trip around the block. Nevertheless, it was still pretty tiring. And by the time we got back to the house, my face was hurting. Specifically one part of the left side of my face. It had kind of been bothering me all day, but it was hurting really badly. I guess that's how it works with swelling. From what I understand with my limited research, swelling is an accumulation of fluids, so I guess in order to bring swelling down, you have to get your blood flowing. Anyway, my face really hurt. I took some ibuprofen and lied down in my green chair with a wet washcloth, but it still wasn't going away. I was going to take a Trammadol, but I had to eat first, and after I ate it had mostly gone away. So, that's good.

Not a lot else is going on. I've been watching "The Office" for the past two weeks, and I'd already seen all of them at least a couple times, but they're pretty classic and easy to watch multiple times. But, after watching them twice more again, I thought today I'd take a little break. This morning, I watched "The Jane Austen Book Club", and then tonight "The Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". Then I thought I'd flip to the tv and see if anything was on. Quickly vetoing "Everybody Love Raymond", I ended up landing on the news. Crazy! Apparently, there's all these big fires all around Austin, and all these homes are getting burnt down... It got me all paranoid about if there was a fire in our neighborhood what stuff we would want to get out of the house first. I actually started making a list of the most important stuff and where it is.

Then I realized that was crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment